THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
6 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.
- 9 There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John *testified about Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’” 16 For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. 17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.
A Christmas Message of Particular Truths about Christ
There is three reasons I choose this passage. First the Lord spoke to me as I said last week. “ Everything your waiting on I’ve Already done! Now I’m waiting on you to believe and receive!!
- Genesis 1 Turn there….
“In the beginning….. God Created!! – the heavens and the earth.
In the Begining …. Then God said , Then God said , Then God said
- God created and spoke everything into exsistance that was not already with HIM….. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- The next thing I wanted to bring out is that this is one of the greatest Christmas scripture here in this text from the entire Bible. Vs. 14 “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.”
This is the meaning of Christmas.
God has come into the world, born of virgin, in the person of Jesus Christ!
- Next, reason I have chosen this text is because it is so full of particularr truths about of Lord and Savior Jesus. And the paticulars are desperatly important to know and embrace about the Lord.
SO today lets look at all the patiiculars from the eyes of the one that was called the “the one crying in the wilderness’ one who new Him even from his mothers womb the apostle
- So let’s begin with five truths about the “Word-Made-Flesh” in this passage.
The Name of the Word-Made-Flesh on Earth Is Jesus Christ
Verse 17: “The law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ