When You’re Vulnerable -Be Ready for Spiritual War Fare
As Christians its one of the most important things to realize
- The Devil is a real adversary
- We are his target
- The number one battle that takes place in our lives is in our head.
The Bible tells us, “For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.
We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).
There are certain satanic strongholds that imprison us each day that we must be aware of. The battles are taking place in our thoughts and the Devil uses these vulnerability points to attack us each day.
Anyone know what a stronghold is? Fortress
I want to give you a few points that the devil will use against you.
You don’t want the Devil as an ally. He’s treacherous and will break you down with his lies
- First point: When You’re Vulnerable
The Devil will attack you when you’re in a weak position, both physically and emotionally.
Jesus was attacked after He had fasted for 40 days. The Bible tells us, “[Jesus] had fasted for forty days and forty nights, and afterwards He was famished.
The tempter came and said to Him, ‘If indeed you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread” (Matthew 4:2-3). The Devil attempted to attack Jesus at one of his lowest points physically.
- There are those who will nurse their weaknesses and keep them. If you are one of these people, you will never be free.
- When The Devil has you in his grasp He will keep you there as long as he can and try to finish you off!!!!
- When You’re Tired
Are you unusually sluggish or tired? A lack of energy and vitality are often the result of an extended attack.
- Of Course, these issues can occur from other problems, including sleep or health battles; however, one of the biggest signs that you’re under spiritual attack is when you’re feeling tired and that tired separates you from doing the things God has called you to do.
- Read what Isaiah had to say in Chapter 40: concentrate on 30-31
3. When You’re Beginning a New Spiritual Journey
The Devil will attack you when you are beginning a new spiritual quest. There is nothing he hates more than you building up your relationship with God and growing in your faith.
- Some of you are under attack because you have proclaimed your faith in the Lord…. and now the Enemy has moved into a Offensive attack against you…
But anyone ever heard the saying “what ever don’t kill ya will surly make you stronger”!!
- What is the first thing we need to know about going into a battle?
WE need to be prepared for the battle right
- Know who we are now that we are in Christ and on the winning team….
- Know our adversary
- Know how to defeat him
- Recognize the enemies moves
- learn how to move before he makes his move because he is crafty and subtle. Be aware that he is like a lion seeking who he might devour and destroy
- Know what our weapons are!!!!
- Be spiritually strong in the word and also having the full Armour of God on and being able as a warrior to be in good shape that we do not grow weary or tired in the battle….
- Right after Jesus was attacked by the Devil, He began His public ministry.
The Bible tells us, “From that time Jesus began to proclaim, ‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near” (Matthew 4:17).
Knowing Jesus was about to begin His ministry, the Devil attacked Him, but Jesus was not deterred.
On the beginning of any new spiritual journey, the Devil will attempt to sabotage and distract you in an effort to keep you from growing closer to God and expanding the mission of Christ.
- Do not let him defeat you. Or do not leave him room to advance forward in the battle…..
4. When You Are Agitated
The Devil will attack you when you’re going through a period of extreme frustration.
During a spiritual attack, the enemy uses a variety of circumstances to repress the mind and bring great frustration.
- When we are on edge or we have a lot of pressure on us, we are very vulnerable to the enemy and often drop our guard so to speak…. We become agitated at every little thing… Even to our spouse’s or our family member and closes friend.
- We often take on an offense in these situations against others that our really unaware that they are the victim’s of the offense. This is called the bait of Satan…….. Offense destroy all the goodness that God has allowed into our lives wither it is relationships or business acquaintances.
When you are under siege, you may find yourself feeling on edge, anxious or agitated.
In these moments, a simple conversation with your partner or friend can turn into an explosive argument and a simple thought in your head can take you down a roller coaster of negative emotions.
Note: Although we all have Good feelings and Bad feelings , Feelings and emotions are only good things when they are relevant to GOD Things!! Does that make since? GOD THINGS!!
They (Our feelings and emotions) should never be our driving force, unless the Spirit gives confirmation and confirms that we are being lead by Him. (Holy Spirit).
With out being lead by the Spirit the feelings and emotions will most diffidently lead to trouble.
- You may also find yourself saying things that are out of character or not feeling quite like yourself. This isn’t just in your head. In moments such as these, it’s important that you center your focus on God.
It’ s one of the biggest victories we can have to slow down and let go and let God have control!!!!
5. When You Are In Pain
The Devil will attempt to lure you to quick-fixes when you’re hurt and in pain. He wants you to believe he has all the answers, not God
- If you are having problems in your relationship, he will feed you bad words and thoughts about that person to break the relationship down even more
- If you are battling an illness or in physical pain, he will try to make you believe that God isn’t present and doesn’t care about what you’re going through and that nobody care for you!
- If you are suffering and you see others who are on the mountain top and are so blessed and happy. He will needle you and try to control your thoughts so that you stay defeated and in that same pain and suffering…….
- And worst of all If you don’t seek God in these moments, the Devil will make you wonder if God is really good. Does God really exist and if He does WHY WHY WHY!!!!!
He will Make you question God and use every bit of pain you are feeling against you!!!
6. When You’re Alone
The Devil attacks us when we’re alone because he knows we are most vulnerable when others aren’t around us.
He also thinks this is when we’re at our weakest point.
The Bible tells us, “Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil” (Matthew 4:1). He knew Jesus was alone and he tempted him.
The Devil can detect when you’re feeling alone.
- In these moments of attack, he wants you to believe that you’re all alone. At times when you feel like the Devil won’t leave you alone, it’s important to remember that God is with you!
And in Closing: We need to understand that that we need to always be looking towards the Lord
If you are part of the body of Christ, then be assured the Devil is going to try to destroy you.
While everything can’t be blamed on the Devil, there are a lot of things that are a result of his work and it’s important to know when he is working in our own lives. If we are not on guard, he has the power to destroy us and separate us from our Heavenly Father.
There is nothing he would love more. Yet, when we are protected and guarded, we have the power to push back at any of his attacks.
2 Timothy 1:77For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”
So you see like Paul said “(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
Satan makes his move when any of these 6 reason of vulnerability is at hand in our lives… He moves in like the lion and ponces on those that are weak in any of these things in our lives..
- When you are in a weak position, both physically and emotionally.
- When You’re Tired
- When You’re Beginning a New Spiritual Journey
- When You Are Agitated
- When You Are In Pain
- When You’re Alone